The Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Sport Science is ideal for
individuals who wish to further their career in the sport, fitness and exercise
You will develop both your practical and theoretical knowledge
of coaching and fitness as well as covering contemporary units such as coaching
active lifestyles, coaching for special populations and innovative and exclusive
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Gym Instruction
- Coaching Active Lifestyles
- Personal and Professional Development
- Sports Coaching Foundation
- Advanced Trainer
- Coaching in Sport
- Informed Research
- Human Assessment
- Special Populations
Why study with us?
On this course you will have access to our excellent sports facilities
We use a wealth of sporting
equipment and technology used by professional sports clubs including a sports
GPS system, timing gates and various other technological equipment used to
measure fitness and performance.
- A fully commercial, on-site sports centre (DVC Sports)
- FIFA 2-star accredited 3G Astroturf pitch
- Multisport cages
- Full-size grass football pitches
- Sports hall
- State-of-the-art fitness suite
Plus one of the following
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or
- 48 UCAS points
- Access to HE Diploma from a recognised HE course
- This course involves possible contact with children or other potentially
vulnerable client groups and, therefore, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring
Service (DBS) check (formerly an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check) is a
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as
a Sports Coach, Performance Coach, Fitness Centre Manager, Sports Development
Officer and many more.
With further study you could also progress into
employment in teaching or sports analysis.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if