An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
About this Course
This is a course for those wishing to pursue a career in the make-up industry and work on location with groups of people including models and performers. Bespoke courses may be designed to meet individual needs.
What will I study?
- Designing and creating images for fashion and photography shoots and
- Airbrush make-up
- Face and body art
- Cosmetic camouflage
- Specialised media make-up
- The application of prosthetic pieces, bald caps and special effects
- Hair skills will involve creative hairdressing design skills, styling and
dressing hair and fitting postiche
- Anatomy and physiology
- Cosmetic science
- Health and safety
- Research skills
- English and maths (where applicable)
Why study here?
- The opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops will also be
available. All of the skills you learn will be perfected as you work with
amateur operatic and theatre groups as part of your course on location in
theatres, fashion shows and many more
- Industry experience
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 2/3 qualification within the creative area at tutor discretion
- You will also be required to successfully complete an interview and
workshop with a course tutor
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to the programme
- Flexibility to work on location in the evenings and weekends
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
Choose to study either the HNC/HND in specialist make-up or hair and beauty management at the College or other related courses at university.
What career pathways are available?
- Brand Make-up Artist
- Theatre and Film Artist
- Make-up Artist for Cruiselines
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
- Opportunity to build a portfolio
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and pay for educational visits which form part of the course. Further costs may incur depending on chosen additional activities. You must be flexible and able to commit to evening and weekend activities on location assisting with theatre productions, fashion shows and many more.
Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for advice and
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ -Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.