About this Course
This two year course is equivalent to three A-Levels and is designed to
build your knowledge and skills in art and design.
In the first year you
will have the opportunity to explore a range of art and design disciplines in
order to learn new skills.
In the second year you will be encouraged to
develop further your confidence and skills through an independent approach to
What will I study?
- Explore a wide range of disciplines within art and design including fine
art, graphic design, illustration, fashion and textiles, photography and 3D
- The opportunity to develop your skills and specialise in a chosen
- Explore the fundamental principles and theories of design to help you
contextualise your work
- The opportunity to work on briefs from external agencies to produce
concepts and final work as part of employability and team building
Why study here?
- Develop a portfolio of artwork that will help you to progress towards
further study or employment within the creative industries
- The opportunity take part in educational visits to influence your
development in your creative explorations
- Support with your UCAS application
What are the entry requirements?
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade C, preferably including maths and
English, and an art related GCSE, or, a BTEC Level 2 qualification in an
appropriate subject at Merit or Distinction
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an
- All applicants will undertake initial diagnostic tests and a personal
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to the programme
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design or continue your studies by following our Higher Education programme, or university.
What career pathways are available?
- Fine Artist
- Art Therapist
- Assistant Graphic Designer
- Art Administrator
Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for advice and
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ - Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.