About this Course
This Apprenticeship is suitable for those who are already working within the healthcare industry. As part of this Apprenticeship you will work towards a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care (Adults).
What will I study?
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Dementia awareness
- Understand the administration of medicine to individuals with dementia
using a person centred approach
Why study here?
- You will be working alongside experienced staff
- You will study a qualification in English and maths if required
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the health and
social care industry and earn a salary while you learn
What are the entry requirements?
- Four GCSEs grade A to C, preferably including English and maths or
- You will be required to complete an interview and have a clear DBS check
- You must be in paid employment within a supervisory role with a minimum of
twelve months experience
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
- Higher Apprenticeship
What career pathways are available?
Employment within the sector.
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Work based assessments
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2017-18 or 2018-19.
However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.