About this Course
This Apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to gain nationally
recognised qualifications whilst working within the industry.
be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest of the course is
undertaken on the job in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship is made up
of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based
What will I study?
- Assemble furniture components
- Prototype design in furniture
- Research and product development
- Supervision in a furniture environment
- Health and safety in the work place
- English and maths if required
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
on main site
- You will participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World
Skills Competitions and Inter-college Challenges
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the
construction industry and earn a salary while you learn
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 1 qualification in Joinery however other relevant experience and
qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before
starting the course
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
Short industry-standard courses.
What career pathways are available?
- Kitchen Fitter
- Furniture Maker
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- A range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- On-site portfolio to demonstrate practical performance in the working
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2018-19 or 2019-20. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.