About this Course
The Advanced Apprenticeship programmes give you the opportunity to gain
nationally recognised qualifications whilst working within the industry.
You will be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest
of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace. The Apprenticeship is
made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a
knowledge based qualification.
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
on our main site
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World
Skills and Inter-college challenge
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the
construction industry and earn a salary while you learn
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 2 qualification in Electrical Installation, however other relevant
experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before
starting the course
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
- Electrical Installation Level 3
- Advanced Apprenticeship
What career pathways are available?
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- A range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- On-site portfolio to demonstrate practical performance in the working
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2018-19 or 2019-20. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.