About this Course
This two year Advanced Apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity
to gain nationally recognised qualifications as a bricklayer, whilst working
within the industry.
You will be required to attend College one day a
week, whilst the rest of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a
technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
What will I study?
- How to organise and manage areas such as health and safety and cavity
- How to set out structures on different types of ground
- How to erect complex masonry structures such as arches, curves and
- Health and safety in the workplace
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
on our main site
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World
Skills and Inter-college challenge
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the
construction industry and earn a salary while you learn
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 2 qualification in bricklaying, however other relevant experience
and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before
starting the course
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
- Short industry-standard courses
- Access to HE Diploma: Construction
- University Degree courses
What career pathways are available?
- Construction Worker
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- A range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- On-site portfolio to demonstrate practical performance in the working
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2018-19 or 2019-20. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.