Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for advice and
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ -Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay
An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
About this Course
This course will help you to progress into the rewarding sports and fitness industry. You will develop many techniques and personal skills which will be invaluable in your future work. As part of your studies, you can use our state-of-the- art fitness facilities and take part in a wide range of outdoor activities. You will also develop your communication, verbal and numeracy skills, which are essential as part of the work in the fitness industry.
What will I study?
- Sports and exercise physiology
- Functional anatomy
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
- Field and laboratory based fitness testing
- Applied research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- Coaching for performance and fitness
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Physical activity for individual and group based exercise
- Specialised fitness training
- Technology in sport and exercise science
- Sports injury and assessment
Why study here?
- You will gain valuable work experience and become involved in inclusive
sports including goal ball, boccia, seated volleyball and other adapted
- You will participate in outdoor activities and college challenges
including cycling, hill walking and orienteering
- You will also study GCSE qualifications in English and maths if
What are the entry requirements?
- Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English and maths or a BTEC
- A successful interview with a course tutor
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01909
What courses can I progress onto?
- HNC/HND in Sport
- Foundation Degree in Sport and Exercise at Dearne Valley College
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Performance (top-up course for the
Foundation Degree) at Dearne Valley College
- Other university-level study
- A sport or fitness-related apprenticeship
What career pathways are available?
- Sport therapist
- Sports coach
- Personal trainer
- Sports nutritionist
- Sports development assistant
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.